10.6.14

What's in my Makeup Bag // Summer Edition

Makeup Bag by Cath Kidston

So I thought I'd kick things off with a beauty post. Personally I find these one of the most interesting posts to read, a) because I'm nosy and b) it's a sure way to see which products actually made the cut and found themselves housed in the everyday makeup bag. They like it. It makes the other makeup jel.

In the Summer I'm all about a light coverage, dewy base that gives just enough coverage to hide my (many, sigh) imperfections. My favorite for this is the Chanel Vitalumiére Aqua. It blends into the skin like a dream and goes almost undetectable, while still giving enough coverage not to need a ton of concealer. The SPF 15 is also a bonus. I pair this with the Benefit Porefessional for a flawless base that lasts all day. Then to cover those pesky under eye circles I reach for the Bobbi Brown Corrector. You don't need alot of this stuff to do the job (luckily for my bank account) and it with a little powder it really does last all day. Life saver. To set this in place I reach for the Rimmel Stay Matte all year round. It does the job without being cakey and makes my makeup last longer. And it's super cheap. Need I say more?

 With my base complete I like to add some life back into my face with the Nars Laguna Bronzer. Since buying this on a total whim a few months ago I havn't looked back, and my trusty Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer has been relegated to Muji storage. It can look muddy on the skin so a light hand is definitely advisable, but the natural sunkissed glow it gives is comparable to no other I have ever tried. I like to take a little down my neck in the summer time and it's also great for contouring.
 For cheeks I've been loving the Natural Collection Blush in Peach Melba for a peachy glow to the skin, then I grab my all time favorite highlighter, the Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Creme in 01 Iced Gold, sadly discontinued and even more sadly I have just hit pan. This just gives the most gorgeous glow and blends seamlessly into the skin. I really don't know what I will do when this runs out, so if any of you can reccommend a creme highlighter that is just as good please let me know in the comments! I will be eternally grateful.

For eyes I love using a white eyeliner on my bottom waterline to give the appearance that I am more awake than I really am, another life saver for the morning after the night before. I really just use whichever takes my fancy in Boots, and this time it was the MUA Eyeliner in Snow White. Finally after curling my lashes I grab my holy grail mascara, the Loreal Telescopic Waterproof. Ah I love this mascara. It gives length, definition, and volume. I like the waterproof as it holds the curl much better than the non-waterproof.

Finishing with the lips Angel by MAC is my go to everyday lipstick. A soft pink with a frost finish it's the perfect summer shade, and for evening looks I'm really enjoying the Revlon Colourburst Matte in 250 Standout for a corally red lip.

What are your favorite makeup products for summer? I'd love to hear your comments!

Love Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment